A resume should content following section :-
- Personal information, contact information
- Summary of qualification
- Work experience
- Membership and organization
Personal information, contact information
The informative header is the first thing the hiring manager sees, so make it accurate. It should include the following details:
- Your full name.
- Your phone number.
- Your email address.
- Your location (City, ST).
Work experience guidelines
- It should include company name, geographic location of office, job tittle, date of employment and, duties and responsibilities.
- It should be easy to read.
- Easy to identify key information
- Use magic keyword. Look for relevant keyword in job description.
- Date of employment should be on the right.
When creating your professional experience summaries, try to use real data and numbers. This is easier for a hiring manager to digest because you are offering verifiable information. Try to begin every sentence or bullet point with a powerful verb. A few examples of this include:
- “Developed RESTful APIs in Python.”
- “Spearheaded web UI application.”
Educational section guidelines
- Include relevant educational qualification, certification course and other courses which might be helpful in transition to new industry.
- Clearly mention uncompleted course otherwise it will convey wrong information to interviewer.
- You may include date of degrees also. Date are must for new college graduate.
- Use single bulleted list instead of paragraph, as paragraph are hard to follow.
- List skills which are appropriate to the job.
- Work experience should come before educational qualification for experienced individual.
- Email address should be professional. Refrain from using sex, nick name and other information.
- List timelines from most recent to oldest. Add both month and year.
- Upload or email resume in pdf format only.
- Keep margin size to 1 inch on right and left of the resume.
- Appropriate font size is 12 for the body. Section header should fonst size should not be greater than +2 of the body font size.
- Objective may be included to fill up the space in the resume. This section is also helpful for switching industry.